Germ-Busting Bloody Mary (with or without alcohol)
Most people know of the germ-busting benefits of a hot toddy, whether with or without alcohol, but, whipping up a homemade Bloody Mary is just as beneficial in the prevention of cold and flu germs taking hold in your body. And, if you’ve already come down with a cold or flu, drinking a virgin germ-busting Bloody Mary 2-3 times a day will help knock those pathogens out of your body much sooner, helping to minimize your discomfort and shorten the duration of your cold or flu.
You can customize your germ-busting Bloody Mary anyway you like by adding any of the following ingredients, in whatever combination you choose, to a tall glass of ORGANIC tomato juice. You can serve it over ice, or straight, and only use FRESH ingredients.
* 1 fresh garlic clove, finely minced or mashed into a paste (forget garlic powder and definitely forego garlic salt)
* fresh squeezed juice from 1/4-1/2 of a large lemon (forget the stuff that comes in a green plastic bottle)
* 1/2 teaspoon of finely minced jalapeno peppers
* dash of cayenne powder
* dash or two of hot sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon of fresh grated horseradish root
* 1/4 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger root
* healthy dash of fresh ground black pepper
* fresh radish slices
* fresh whole hot peppers
* celery stalks
* cucumber sticks
* cherry tomatoes
All of the above ingredients are brimming with germ-busting antioxidants, polyphenols and other plant compounds that neutralize and flush pathogens from the body. I recommend you make your germ-busting Bloody Mary “virgin” (without alcohol), but if you’re in great discomfort and need some sleep, than go ahead and add in a shot of high-quality vodka.
For fastest relief of already established symptoms, drink a homemade germ-busting Bloody Mary 3-4 times a day, and avoid eating anything heavy, fried, processed or from a drive-thru.
This is probably the most delicious germ-busting beverage you’ll ever drink!